So…I’ve come up with a list of things I want to do in my 20s. The title of this post may be slightly misleading because it’s not a true list of things I want to do before I “kick the bucket”. I just want to make sure I enjoy my youth. And if making an actual, tangible, achievable bucket list is the key to making it happen, then so be it.
Here goes nothing.
- Go cliff-jumping/diving at sunset or sunrise. *DONE*
This isn’t a picture from my jump, but it’s the pic I took before I decided to make the jump! AYIA AYIA FREAKING NAPA!
- Go on a cross-country road trip.
- Use a eurail pass to see Europe.
- Go on a camping trip in the middle of nowhere/or just camping.
- Spend the week at the beach with someone I love.
- Take a last minute trip to see an old friend. *DONE*
On the grounds of UVA…decided to visit a friend in Charlottesville.
- Spend a week in Paris.
Get my bartending license/certification. *DONE* 10/1/14
- Go ziplining.
- Take a cooking or dance class.
- Get a Job & Quit.
- Go to Vegas.
- Learn how to drive a stick-shift car.
Go to my favorite artist’s concert. *DONE* 11/18/13
Shannon and I holding up our “Upfront with United” stickers after the experience. Don’t we look happy?
- Take Countless pictures.
- Decorate my apartment.
- See a broadway show.
- Visit the Great Wall of China.
- Visit all 7 continents.
- Spend NYE in Times Square.
- Float in the Dead Sea.
- Take part in Mardi Gras.
- Complete a 365-day photography project.
- Skydive/simulated sky-diving!
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Go on a cruise.
- Go to Disney World.
- Go to the Super Bowl.
- Go to the Olympics.
- Go to FIFA World Cup.
- Take a romantic walk on the beach.
- Go to a drive-in movie theater.
- Have a full spa day.
- Go speed-dating.
- Go horseback riding.
- Experience deep sea diving/ Swimming with Dolphins.
- Learn to water-ski and/or snow-ski.
- Go white-water rafting.
- Visit the Grand Canyon.
- Go on a mission trip.
- Have a beach bonfire.
- Complete a Spartan run/mud run.
- See a Cirque du Soleil show.
- Unplug for 48 hrs.
- Attend a masquerade ball/party.
- Visit Biltmore Estate.
- Visit a castle. *DONE*
On top of Kolossi Castle in Cyprus.
- Get kissed under mistletoe.
- Experience zero gravity.
- Have a personal pro photoshoot.
- Make a wish at the Fontana di Trevi/Visit Italy/Roman Colosseum
- Pay for a stranger’s meal.
- Go to the ballet or opera.
- See the Eiffel Tower.
- Go on a carriage ride in Central Park.
- Attend one of the world’s fashion weeks.
- Take a photo with a pretty peacock.
- Go to the Kentucky Derby or Polo Match and wear a big, fabulous hat.
- Fall in love.
- Become fluent in Yoruba.
I’m only 21 yrs old now, so I have a number of years to add to and ultimately complete this list. Many of the things on my list are romantic, some are basic, and many of them will put me outside of my comfort zone…but isn’t that the point? Whether I end up loving these activities/sights or not, the experience is what matters.